Friday, May 6, 2016

Re: Storing images in a database using Django.

NEVER store images in DB, store its path so you can use it in a img tag later. =)

Em sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 16:06:08 UTC-3, Mlati Mudan escreveu:

Hi guys, I'm a TOTAL noob when it comes to django and web development for that matter. I have an idea for a web app and I do have a basic understanding of programming. I've gone through a few Django tutorials and I'm confident I can do it, I just need help along the way :) 

So, my "brilliant" idea is to make an app for cooking for dummies. Basically, I'd have a repository of recipes. Each recipe consists of: recipe_ID, name, and 10 instruction-photo pairs ("now do this" + photo of that).

The photos are relatively lightweight (less than 50k each) so I think storing them in a database is the way to go. The only snag - I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I've googled a lot but I'm either too thick or my needs are too specific. 

I don't actually need to be able to store the images in the database through the web app. I was thinking of creating folders that contain the pertinent photos and "somehow" storing them in the database for further use. The name of the folder would be the same as the recipe_ID, and the photos would be named recipe_ID_01.jpg, recipe_ID_02.jpg, ...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me :) 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5dcad641-8837-477c-8a43-e7328c11850e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment