Monday, May 22, 2017

Re: sqlite3 table not found


James,

I will read up on dbshell and give it a try. Thanks for the pointer.

Yes, I ran both 'makemigrations' and 'migrate' prior to posting.

If I can figure out how to close out the thread, I will.

Jim A.

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 12:03:42 PM UTC-4, James Schneider wrote:


On May 21, 2017 8:49 AM, <jjander...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Django and I'm very much still in the learning process.



I'm using Django 1.10.3 on a project and have just added some new models. When I run the server and enter a URL to visit one of my views, I get an error, an excerpt of which is shown below:

File "/home/jja/testenv3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 337, in execute
    return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: siggy_siggytemplate

I would like to look at the SQL tables and it looks like 'python manage.py sql' is a command that could do the job, but whichh is no longer available. Is this correct?

Is there an alternative command that I can run?\

I believe you're looking for the 'dbshell' command, which will open the sqlite shell for you.


I would like to look at the tables to see if I can figure out why the table 'siggy_siggytemplate' was not generated. BTW, my project is 'siggy' and my model is 'SiggyTemplate' so I think this would cause generation of the table

'siggy_siggytemplate'.

Did you run the 'makemigrations' and 'migrate' commands? That pair of commands will apply your changes to the DB schema.

-James

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ba78993e-02c4-479b-8508-6da22b538c26%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment