Friday, May 31, 2019

Re: Accessing request from form



Don't beat yourself up :)

It's actually slightly cathartic and humbling to do that every once in a great while. ;-)


No-one stops looking and just waits for the answer. You have to assume your own motivation to find it is stronger than everyone else's. It is just good manners to report back so others can stop looking. And it would be bad manners to say you fixed it without revealing the fix.

Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine so I made sure to include the answer.


Actually, no-one else even looks unless they are particularly interested or they encountered the same problem within recent memory.

Can't say I'm not guilty of doing that as well. I'm a college lecturer in one of my many positions, so I do like the academic challenge that some of these questions pose, even if I haven't needed it myself. However, on more than one occasion I have run into one of the landmines that I've helped out on in the past, and it's saved me a fair amount of time.


Except you. You have helped me more than once in the past and I appreciate it. Thank you. Ten extra points!

Haha, thanks. I'll take the points. I wish I had the time to be more active on this list, but the wife says I have to pay attention to her and the kids, and I'm only allowed to have 2 jobs and 1 hobby. Luckily my current hobby overlaps with Django so here I am.

-James

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciWbz4aJLbvLbWOXpgDNKBYpX_zN-WJD95cv2oQfsZqiCw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment