Thursday, May 30, 2019

Re: jquery deployment

All versions of Django from 1.11 to 2.1 are working fine with py3.6 and
py3.7. Only 2.2 barfs.

I now suspect my Stripe integration which is somewhat behind the wave
front at rev 2.0.3. It too uses js heavily. That is where I'm looking at
the moment.

I still hate js and hope someone can offer advice on managing js deployment.

Thanks

Mike

On 30/05/2019 8:22 pm, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> I just encountered a weird UI glitch[1] in the Admin after upgrading
> to Django 2.2.1
>
> I checked and found the version of jquery I'm using is 1.4.1 and
> figured that has to be contributing to the problem.
>
> The 2.1 release note says "jQuery is upgraded from version 2.2.3 to
> 3.3.1." so I dug deeper in the docs to find how it is upgraded. Can't
> find anything so far. I saw that there are Django Admin javascript
> customisations. So that might complicate matters.
>
> Is there a best practice for ensuring I keep my projects up to date?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> [1] With a m2m (self) adding another instance clicking on the {SHOW}
> link just relocates to the top of the page. Has to be a jQuery thing
> doesn't it?
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bfd0ac3e-77bd-dcc6-452a-a15f8c59e883%40dewhirst.com.au.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment