Saturday, July 31, 2010

Get request path without having a request object

Hi all,

Is there any way of getting the request.path value without having the
request object that Django pass's around. Is there something similar
to os.environ for the web request where I can get the path?

I'm developing an app that needs to cache data on a page basis but the
data may come from any Python code that is run for the request or it
may come from the template layer via custom template tags. I don't
want to have to pass the request path around in order to eventually
pass it to my caching code for use in the cache key. I just want to be
able to find the request path from my caching code.

Possible?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment