Friday, July 30, 2010

Re: django_session not in "default" DB

Hi, Thanks for your previous reply. I'm still having problems... now
I'm getting the following error:

NameError: global name 'Session' is not defined

I check up the documentation, I understand that
'django.contrib.sessions.backends.db' makes the Session model
available in the DB router .... so, just by setting the
'django.contrib.session' in my INSTALLED_APPS is enough ? What am I
missing ?

Thanks again.

On Jul 29, 3:39 pm, Dennis Kaarsemaker <den...@kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> On do, 2010-07-29 at 13:03 -0700, Jocelo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have two DB configured on my django project... one in oracle and the
> > other one in MySQL...
> > My Oracle DB is the default one, and on MySQL I store data that is not
> > really related to my main application.
>
> > I want to store session data in MySQL, since oracle is legacy but
> > whenever I try to store something on my session object
> > ("request.session['temp']=1"), django looks for django_session table
> > on Oracle, crashing completely my app.
>
> > I have read something about dabatase routing, but I'm not sure if this
> > is the way to go for this.
>
> It is the way to go.
>
> > How can I make django look for django_session's table on my
> > "secondary" MySQL  DB ?
>
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/multi-db/#automatic-da...has all the details. your router would look like:
>
> class MyRouter(object):
>     def db_for_read(model, **hints):
>         if model == Session:
>             return 'secondary'
>     db_for_write = db_for_read
>
> --
> Dennis K.
>
> They've gone to plaid!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment