Saturday, April 30, 2011

Input element radio button group across rows of change list view in Admin?

Hello all,

I'm attempting to create a change list view in the Admin where the first column is a single radio button.  I want the radio buttons to be a group that is shared across the rows.  I want the change list view to show the Save button so that the form can be posted.  When the form is posted I want to store info about the single row selected but not on the model instance.

I've attached a mock-up image that may aid you in understanding what I'm trying to achieve.

This seems to be outside the normal use case for the admin so I realize it might be a bit of work.  If it's doable without an excessive effort I'd like to give it a go.  Of course this could be a case where I can get 90% of the way there but the last 10% is really hard! :-)

I have been tinkering but so far no joy.

If you have successfully implemented such a technique I'd like to see some code if it's available online somewhere or perhaps you could describe your method.

TIA

Toodle-loooooooooo..............
creecode

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment