Saturday, April 30, 2011

Re: How do I set permissions for manual install of 1.3 for ubuntu 11.04?

well, i install using sudo setup.py install and django is installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Everything works fine when I use sudo before each command. I just want to make it less strict in that regard and allow myself to use the commands without having to sudo. I am not sure whether i have to set permissions on the django install (chmod?) or on the directory that contains my django projects (which reside in another partition). Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place...

Regards,
Joshua Sierra

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment