Thursday, April 28, 2011

Question about "Django 1.1 Testing and Debugging" Book for Karen

Hi Karen,

I have a bit of time on my hands and was going to run through your
book to cement my understanding of the best way to test. I started
out and was immediately confronted with the fact that there seem to be
some differences between django 1.1 and django 1.2 in terms of
testing. At a minimum, it seems that tests.py doesn't get even get
created by startapp anymore!

In some quick review of the 1.2 doc, it seems like perhaps there are
other changes as well.

I was just wondering if you have any sort of addendum, even in some
informal form that would bring your book up to date with django 1.2.?
Or maybe the changes between 1.1 and 1.2 are just very minor? I see
something about "class based test runners" in the doc. I haven't
really had a chance to dive in yet, but just thought I'd ask if you
have any updates you'd be willing to provide.

Thanks,

Margie

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment