Hello all:This is my first question posted to this group! I am also a noob, so
please be gentle.So, my issue is, I have a ModelForm, which looks like this:
class UAssumptionsForm(ModelForm):
primary_le =
forms.ModelChoiceField(queryset=models.Mortality. objects.none())
secondary_le =
forms.ModelChoiceField(queryset=models.Mortality. objects.none())
def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
self.insured = kwargs.pop('insured')
super(ModelForm, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
morts = self.insured.mortalities.all()
self.fields['primary_le'].queryset = morts
self.fields['secondary_le'].queryset = morts
class Meta:
model = models.UAssumptionsNow, when I render the form I get two choices for each of the fields I
overrode above. This is expected behavior.What I want though is for each object to have a descriptive name,
rather than "Mortality object", based on the values of the object
itself, so one might have a value of "Caterpillar" and another might
have a value of "Seychelles".I'm sure this is a common problem and I apologize in advance. I
searched, but being a noob I'm probably not using the right search
terms.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/X_S7VUMBrtcJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
No comments:
Post a Comment