your application without any problems.
for example for your rich text editor need, you can use django-
ckeditor application. it also gives you the possibility of browse and
upload images on the fly.
for the rest of your needs search http://djangopackages.com/ and
http://www.django-apps.com/.
good luck.
On Nov 23, 6:24 am, "michael.grant" <michael.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm about to embark on a project that's well suitable to a web framework.
> I've had my eye on django for a couple years now but haven't done anything
> more than work through the basic tutorial so far.
>
> There's a handful of things I need to do over and over and I'm not sure if
> these are part of django or some other toolkit.
>
> 1) I need to have an easy way to upload and manage images
> 2) Some of the text boxes on the site need to be rich text, I'll need
> something like fckeditor or some other rich text (html) editor
> 3) I need a combo-box widget which presents a list of choices and a text
> field. If the user doesn't find what they want in the list, they enter a
> new item as text. As they type, the possible choices are given to them.
> I'm not sure what this is called, I'd call it a
> combo-box-with-auto-complete-and-auto-add.
> 4) Grids with virtual scrolling
>
> It seems like I should not have to re-invent the wheel. Is there a set of
> widgets that I can use with django to do these sort of things (and more)?
> I've seen the documentation on the built-in widgets but they all seem very
> basic.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
No comments:
Post a Comment