Wednesday, August 29, 2012

post_syncdb handler never called in an app without models?

I premit that I've never used Django signals, so forgive if it's a trivial question.
I have an app without models (models.py empty), but I would like to add custom DB data after every syncdb. I thought I could use the post_syncdb signal to connect my handler method. I wrote it inside management.py and I see that this module is get called during syncdb (I used pdb.set_trace to test it), though the handler method is never called.
Does post_syncdb handlers get called only if a model is defined?

Thansk for your help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/3IZxH6dMXjkJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment