Friday, August 31, 2012

Re: admin save_model parameter 'change' is always true

On 31-8-2012 11:16, armagan wrote:

> I'm trying to use admin save_model method. I have a model called 'Project'
> and in admin.py 'Project' has a method save_model. I added a project to my
> admin panel then I try to save again without changing. But the parameter
> 'change' of save_model method is always 'true'. Why?

The change parameter does not mean "has a field changed?" it means "is a
new object added to the database or an existing object changed?".
A form has some methods that can be queried to find out if a form field
itself has changed or if there are any changes in the form. I haven't
used these much, so you'll have to look around django/forms to or the
docs to find them.
--
Melvyn Sopacua

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment