Saturday, August 23, 2014

looking for ideas how to build a Django reminder service

Hi :)

I want to build an app for my web shop that can remind my customers to re-buy
I want it to be controlled by the customer and i'm thinking it should be onotoone related to user; callable simply by calling user.reminder.days

it should only send a reminder if its more that x days after latest order, and only once. So it need to save the latest reminder was sent y date and relative to ordernumber x

I'd like it to be very simple to include a dropdown i my templates where the user can change from "off" to e.g. 4 weeks(28 days)
For that i was thinking a templatetag would be the simplest and most flexible way to integrate it

I'd like the sending of reminder mails to be triggered by cronjob

Here's my questions:
Do you know of any existing snippet or app, that i could copy some of this code from? Something simular or just partly with simular functions.
Or do I need to build it from scratch? (i actually already started building it but got a little stuck)
Do you have any ideas how I can build it very simple?

Thanks a lot

Michael Hjulskov

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/46d76b66-a853-4aa5-be5d-eb035eea1e75%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment