Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Re: Django 1.7 migrations: Adding one field to User`s model



On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 8:23:01 PM UTC+2, Carl Meyer wrote:
> I think that for this use case "Custom user" will not work. I was wrong.
> I must forget about "Custom user". ;)

Yes. I think the most important Django limitation here is how difficult
it is to switch from built-in User to custom User. That's a real
problem, and it should be fixed (but at the moment I'm not sure how to
fix it).


Maybe this is related to migrations. I must check someday source code of "custom user" implementation, then maybe I could give you some thoughts...

Better support for monkeypatching is not very interesting.


Right, Carl. And this wasn't my intention. You give me a hint in other thread and it was helpful, but MP has some side effects (with migrations, again).
PS. I don't like monkey patching, personally.

Cheers,
Marcin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d6d7bc37-e898-4c1a-8d4c-96ad9a84ace9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment