Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Re: Working with FileFields/FieldFiles

I guess my question is more "dumb" than that.  I need a concatenated string "ab" where a is given and b is the name of a file uploaded to a field in a model.

Thanks!


On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 2:55:03 PM UTC-7, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
 
 
 
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 14:28, Hugo Kitano wrote:
Hi, I'm a beginner with Django, and I'm trying to figure out how to work with FieldFiles.
 
One of my models has a FileField in which the user must submit a .bed file.  I use another library in python to analyze the .bed file.
The .bed file is saved to a specific directory on disk, and I want
 
file_on_disk = Bed('/Users/.../media/statistics.bed')
 
where statistics.bed is the name of the file, and media is the directory all files are saved to.  How would I construct this line of code?
 
Thanks!
 
You're probably after the upload_to argument of FileField, which let you define where files are saved:
 
 
(I assume you're already looked into MEDIA_ROOT):
 
 
--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0341ccce-e637-40fc-b971-0b2fb5d0c624%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment