Thursday, April 30, 2020

Re: Question regarding Interactive Python shell response and django

Again; the issue is why are you mixing up the console/shell with the web-facing aspect?  These are designed for different ways of interacting with Django.  Its almost like you are asking "how to hit in a screw with a a hammer?". What is the underlying problem you are trying to solve?

On Wednesday, 29 April 2020 12:27:22 UTC+2, Michael Karikari wrote:
I'm not sure if DRF will work for me. I guess I should rephrase my question:

If I'm using an imported module from a Django view that requires responding to executing from the console, is there a where to surface that request through the web app to end-user can do the input?

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 5:30:22 PM UTC-4, Michael Karikari wrote:
Ill have to look at the DRF option, the python API I'm connecting assumes you are doing this from shell, so I was trying to work around that fact

On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:51:10 AM UTC-4, Derek wrote:
I think you are better off creating a proper API for your Django project, using something like DRF.

The Django shell is meant for direct use by an administrator working on the server.

On Sunday, 26 April 2020 16:05:02 UTC+2, Michael Karikari wrote:
So I find myself in a pickle. 
I'm using an external python API with Django, and as part of that interaction, it asks for an input from the Django python shell window. What I am trying to figure out is how can I get form input from web application to push back to the shell window. Appreciate it if anyone has experience on how to do this or work around this. 

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm looking at. Im hoping there is a clean way of pass form data to this type of interaction

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d3c227db-760e-415e-8496-c8c0cf62ef52%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment