Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Generated migration blocks my application

Hello everybody,

I am very big fan of Django. I found Django and Python after several years of php development and working with Python and Django feels like loosing all chains you have never known about ;)
In my free time I am developing a web application and cms for my local theatre group. Because I use a lot of open source code I decided to release my application under the MIT license and maybe some other person may use it. If not, it's okay too. I learn a lot. 
The beginning of my project was with Django 1.5 and currently I try to migrate from django 1.6 to django 1.7. Of course, I want to use migrations because it removes a lot of pain upgrading the application on the live environment.

My environment is windows 7 x64 with Python 2.7.8 (default, Jun 30 2014, 16:03:49) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with the following packages installed:

Django==1.7.1
Pillow==2.6.1
Unidecode==0.04.16
django
-countries==3.0.1
django
-iban==0.3.0
django
-thumbs==0.4
icalendar
==3.8.4
markdown2
==2.3.0
psycopg2
==2.5.4
pytz
==2014.9
virtualenv
==1.11.6
virtualenvwrapper
-powershell==12.7.8
zxcvbn
==1.0


I created the migrations for all apps and tested after every migration my application (.\manage.py test). This works always, but once.

I created my last migration, for an app called organization. After this, without any problems, I run my test again. But nothing happens. One CPU core is utilized with 100% and even travis-ci.org aborts after ten minutes.

After I canceled the migrate I checked the database. There's only an empty table called django_migrations.

I have commited my migration-branch to GitHub. There you can see my full organization/0001_initial.py. I do not post it here because it has about 300 lines. I think, it's kind of a recursion problem but I have no idea where to start. I tried to uncomment some dependencies-entries in the initial-file but this does not help.

What is the problem with my last migration? How can I solve it? This problem is currently a really hard blocker and I have no ideas since days. Frankly, this forum/user-group is my last hope.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0afe7b12-9773-4a57-88fc-13cb073da14e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment