Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Django Authentication Layer

Hi , I have been working on Django for a few days and have been trying to implement a login page for the website similar to the login page of the admin interface.
 
I have created an auth.html which asks for a username and password and have given the necessary links in views.py and urls.py
 
I get the login page when I go to my RootURL but when I login , it just displays a blank page. I have set the form action in auth.html to RootURL/ABC but instead of loading RootURL/ABC, it loads a blank page.
 
I need the user to enter credentials if he wants to access the website , is there any other easy way to do this where I could configure the website to ask for credentials when I want to access it.
 
I also looked at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/topics/auth/default/ and the login_required functionality but I am unable to implement this. What am I missing ?
 
Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/02bbc3c5-7330-4d1b-a19f-ac5bf3725873%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment