Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Re: When do I need a new app within the site?

On 02/22/2018 09:44 AM, Cictani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just beginning developing a new app(s) and I'm wondering when I
> need to add a new app. if one app uses models from another app is that
> a hint that these two apps are acutally one app or is this still ok in
> terms of good design?
>
> Let's say I have a customer app (with customer models, admins etc) and
> a booking app which of course uses the customer model. Would it be
> good to have two apps or would it be actually only a booking app which
> includes all the models, logic etc from the customer app?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andreas
>

Hello Andreas,

This issue bothers me too. For me, at the beginning it looks reasonable
to create two (or more) different apps, but sooner or later, I've
created a huge mess with too many dependencies between these apps. So,
sometimes I feel that separating whole application is not the best idea.
Obviously, there should be many lines of code which can/may/should be
shared (= reusable app), but I think that almost always I need to make
some customizations, add some 'custom logic' into views inside these
apps... I don't know how to grasp Django's architecture, I feel that I'm
missing something, that there should be something different than model &
view & template.

I've recently tried to read mentioned Two scoops of Django book, but it
doesn't help me with this. (Or I didn't spend too much time reading it).


Best regards,
Karol


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1ad1fb6e-7392-6782-e5eb-12279d5ce4b1%40fossilgroup.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment