Saturday, April 24, 2021

Re: Building reports in Django / Python

Ah! Had to go back and read again. I think I misunderstood.

While I don't have a ton of experience with either, Pandas and Prometheus are popular analysis libraries. I've seen cases where a CMS is built around Pandas for user interaction... but that does requires bit of code work to build out the forms and resultant tables.

Benny



On Apr 24, 2021, at 3:33 PM, Andréas Kühne <andreas.kuhne@hypercode.se> wrote:

 Thanks Benny,

I think I may have been a bit unclear. We have this working today with excel - and it works ok. The problem is that we have issues with layout and graph styling and so on. What I want to do is move away from excel to another solution - but I can't seem to find any...

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Andréas

24 apr. 2021 kl. 22:13 skrev Benny M <chibenny@outlook.com>:

 This is a great use of management commands. I use that combined with a cron job to generate reports on a schedule. The management command allows you to use Django's ORM for polling data, and there's excel packages out there (can't think of a name off the top of my head), but even to that point, excel will accept a CSV, which can very easily be constructed with python. 

Hope this helps,
Benny

On Apr 24, 2021, at 3:04 PM, Andréas Kühne <andreas.kuhne@hypercode.se> wrote:


Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good resources for building reports in Django / Python. What I am trying to do is the following:
* I have built a questionnaire motor - it works more or less like google forms and collects the input from 1 or more respondents to a questionnaire. So far so good.
* We are currently exporting the data into excel, where we can build reports (with graphs and so on). However - this is not working the way we want it to.
* What we want to be able to do is somehow create a report from the data, and in certain cases group several questions into one graph. Now I know this can be done with code - but here's the tricky part - we want the users to be able to design their reports themselves.
* Finally we want to be able to PDF the report and send it to the end user (the respondent of the questionnaire).

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone done anything like this? Does anyone have any pointers they could give me?
2. Does anyone know of any good packages that could help? I am not talking about just using reportlab for PDF generation or matplotlib for creating graphs, but rather some more high level packages that would be a good inspiration?

I am trying to find something that could help me do this task - as I'm not really excited about creating this myself :)

Regards,

Andréas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAK4qSCcANYcwGkHxNTpkU%2BGa6-_d9FRdvaGUJKAg4DqZAN9FJg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CH2PR14MB3913F92052E193091E8ACBDCC0449%40CH2PR14MB3913.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CFF6E9E5-64D3-49B3-AEFD-13CAB587AB98%40hypercode.se.

No comments:

Post a Comment