Thursday, August 17, 2023

Re: Road Map for a newbie

On 17/08/2023 7:24 pm, Tesfaye Yimam wrote:
Hello all,

This is my second day of learning Django. I am comfortable with python (the basics and the OOP).
I wanted to have some guidance from this community to learn Djanog by taking small steps in a consistent way.
Any one who has a road-map, especially if you tried it and worked for you,  that will greatly help me in the learning process of Django. So, please drop me a message here.
I'm happy to be here.

Welcome!

There would be no better way to start than working through the tutorial in the docs, step by step ...

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.2/

Afterwards, you should decide/specify your own project and when the spec is more or less settled you should set it up as a fresh project and make it happen.

The critical part of learning Django is the specification of what you want. Personally, I keep the (excellent) docs permanently open in my browser so I can research how to achieve what I want to happen.

You will discover that Django takes a couple of different paths and you need to choose. Both are valid but I chose functional views rather than class-based views.

My reasons were that functional views seem simpler and allowed me absolute flexibility. I felt that class-based views while brilliant were more difficult for me. YMMV.

Also, Django now allows async programming. That's a bit too advanced for me - at least until it becomes necessary.

Good luck


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e9724d36-e07b-42b2-8902-6a8294c695b5n%40googlegroups.com.


--   Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has  been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can  automatically decrypt my signature and be sure it came from me. Your  email software can handle signing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment