Sunday, May 30, 2010

How can I test the correctness of my models against the schema of a database?

Dear group,

How can I test the correctness of my models against the schema of a
database?

To solve this question, I have tried unsuccessfully several options:
- Using ./manage.py test triggers the creation and destruction of a
database, but I want to check the correctness of the model against a
production database, since I just want to check the schema, not the
content.
- Creating my own test runner as specified here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/138851
which basically hacks the Django stack and gives you other problems.
In any case this seems not to be the correct way.

Has anyone of you faced this situation before? Any clues?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
David Horat

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment