Sunday, May 30, 2010

Re: Query Posts By Date

If you're passing a "year" and "month" variable, I would use
Post.objects.filter(publish_date__year=year,
publish_date__month=month).
-Justin

On May 30, 12:34 am, greg <ker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm (almost) done coding up my blog in Django.
>
> Right now I'm working to implement a search by date function. So my
> class Post has a DateTimeField() called publish_date.
>
> For the date search, I want to put two dropdown boxes on the web-page
> so the users can pick a Month and Year and then it will show all posts
> from that month and year.
>
> The trouble is... how I translate the selections from the listboxes
> (i.e. May 2010) into a DateTimeField() so I can search for all the
> posts from that month and year?
>
> Or am I going about this all wrong?
>
> Thanks for the help in advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment