Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: Sqlite :memory: database for production?

I'm not really worried about concurrent user handling. I'm more
worried about things happening quickly.

Basically take 3 objects: Pack, Card, Pick. A user is handed a Pack
with many Cards, they make a Pick and hand the Pack to the next user.
Eventually the Pack depopulates of Cards and deletes itself.

Right now making sure the transaction happens smoothly takes a lot of
little queries. Just trying to speed this process up.

-Steve

On Nov 29, 1:31 pm, "Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]"
<cal.leem...@simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To be honest, if you're that worried about performance and concurrent user
> handling, then you wouldn't be using SQLite anyway. Please can you explain
> some details about what you are trying to achieve, and lets see if we can
> give you a better solution :)
>
> Cal
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Subsume <subs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey there,
>
> > I've got an app on my site that's a game where people make picks from
> > Pack objects. These objects only exist during the life of the game
> > (about 20 minutes) and then are gone. I'm hoping to reduce some Disk I/
> > O on my server by allowing this app to use a database that is purely
> > in sqlite memory.
>
> > I see all kinds of efforts for people to use such an in-memory sqlite
> > database during tests but how would this work live? I'd need all my
> > web-server processes to share this database.
>
> > Right now I've got the name :memory: but the table always seems to be
> > empty, despite objects being created.
>
> > Is my approach off? Maybe I should I try some other way to create my
> > sqlite file in debian's mounted ram space?
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Django users" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<django-users%2Bunsubscribe@google groups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
> --
>
> Cal Leeming
>
> Operational Security & Support Team
>
> *Out of Hours: *+44 (07534) 971120 | *Support Tickets: *
> supp...@simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
> *Fax: *+44 (02476) 578987 | *Email: *cal.leem...@simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
> *IM: *AIM / ICQ / MSN / Skype (available upon request)
> Simplicity Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
> Registered company number 7143564

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment