Monday, November 29, 2010

Sqlite :memory: database for production?

Hey there,

I've got an app on my site that's a game where people make picks from
Pack objects. These objects only exist during the life of the game
(about 20 minutes) and then are gone. I'm hoping to reduce some Disk I/
O on my server by allowing this app to use a database that is purely
in sqlite memory.

I see all kinds of efforts for people to use such an in-memory sqlite
database during tests but how would this work live? I'd need all my
web-server processes to share this database.

Right now I've got the name :memory: but the table always seems to be
empty, despite objects being created.

Is my approach off? Maybe I should I try some other way to create my
sqlite file in debian's mounted ram space?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment