Saturday, December 29, 2012

Re: virtualenv setup

It looks like you haven't installed Django in your virtualenv. In your virtualenv directory, look in lib/python2.x/site-packages and see if there is a Django directory in there.

You can also try sourcing your venv, then running Python, and entering in the following statement to see if Python can find Django -

import django

If it can't, try the following statements in the Python shell and see if your venv's site-packages directory is in the system path -

import sys
sys.path

Finally, try the following command in your usual shell and make sure it is referring to the right Python executable (it should be referring to the one in your venv/bin directory) -

which python


On 30 December 2012 09:23, Phil <phil13b@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for reply. Yeah I activated the source(terminal has "venv" beside my username). I followed instructions here(so I pip installed django etc after getting virtualenv up and running)...


If I runserver thats when I get the error. If I runserver without activating source it works fine but that would be using my system wide python. Just need to figure out how to get it to recognise the virtualenv python.


On Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:16:45 PM UTC, quinonesvictor wrote:
Hi Phil

sorry for the question, but, did you activate your virtualenv source?
$ source bin/activate (?)

Anyway, I'd try to install django via pip once you I have my virtualenv created and activated.

Cheers

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Phil <phi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have python/django working system wide. But am currently looking into using Heroku for a new project so am trying to get virtualenv setup for the first time. When I run "django-admin.py startproject whatever" it creates the project ok, but then when I run "python manage.py runserver 8080" from the project folder I get the following error...

ImportError: No module named django.core.management

Is it because at the top of my "manage.py" it is pointing to my system wide python(#!/usr/bin/env python) instead of my virtualenv one? If so how do I fix this? I tried changing the path at the top of the manage.py file but didn't seem to do anything.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/n4-fu8ioveIJ.
To post to this group, send email to django...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.



--
Quiñones Victor Manuel
Tel: +54 0362 15 4 880839
Resistencia - 3500
Argentina

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/Gb4JYmpcK-0J.

To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment