Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Re: Python IDLE

Back to the original question,

Did you try running "python manage.py runserver" from the command
prompt? As far as changing those icons back to Python, I believe you
have to change your 'Default Program'. I'm not sure which version of
Widnows you're using (or even how to do it in Windows, I'm running
Linux) but I'm sure you could use Google (or duckduckgo.com) for a
quick answer there.

If you still can't run 'runserver', try using your command prompt to
do something along the following (your paths may/will be different)

c:\python27\bin\python.exe c:\my_directory\my_project\manage.py runserver

Basically, you're just telling the Python interpreter (python.exe or
python27.exe) to execute the "manage.py" file. Also, please note:
Python Versions > 2.7.x (3+) will not work with Django at the moment.

Good luck!

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM, coded kid <duffleboi911@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in a big mess now, I've lost my projects due to this errror. I'm
> on windows, This is how I encounter the problem; I try to edit my
> settings.py in IDLE. After right clicking on the files, I choose open
> program with these default file. I choose idle window bat file, and I
> clicked Ok. It didn't open, I try to run manage.py runserver on my
> DOS. Not working, it will pop up the IDLE Shell and mange.py script by
> displaying it in IDLE. It didn't run the server. The logo of my python
> files have changed. How can I revert it back to open with IDLE? And
> use it as default for my python script?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment