Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Problems with admin.autodiscover()

I have a site built using django 1.6. It runs as expected with runserver on my Debian laptop in a virtual env based on Python 2.7 (development machine). I copied the site to another Debian server (production), created the same virtual environment, and am trying to use Apache and mod-wsgi to serve the site. I have run into a wierd (for me, a django beginner) problem.

In my top level urls.py, I have

from django.contrib import admin
admin.autodiscover()

which works just as expected when I use runserver in my development machine. I can access the admin pages as superuser and edit the data.

When I run the same site on the production machine using apache and wsgi I either get a segmentation fault or, if I comment out the line admin.autodiscover() I can run the site without errors. However, when I log into the admin part of the site, my superuser account does not have permission to change any of the tables, nor do any of the tables appear in the admin site (although the login is correct and the page looks like an admin page).  

Any suggestions on the cause of the problem and a possible fix? I am not sure what other information to provide.

Thanks,

Mark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAEqej2MaQ9NGHBEp8EQ3_O8nPAJTD8EV5S_uwMT%2BGwAG60dKHQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment