Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Re: Decompression Failed

On 1/29/14 2:23 PM, James Kinsley wrote:
> I have just downloaded Python 2.7.6 on my Mac (running OSX 10.7.5 and
> I tried to download Django, but it keeps failing to decompress - any
> ideas ? Thanks.
You may have already seen mention of virtualenv and pip wrt Django
development. I think there is a general consensus (among those who use
it anyway!) that it is essential for development (and I would recommend
it for deployment also).

Previous threads have described the advantages, but particularly for
Macs -- with their deep and otherwise non-standard and inscrutable
places to stash libraries and versions of tools -- the advantages of
using virtualenv and pip should not be ignored.

That said, I've *never* had an issue installing Django on my Mac (Lion
and MtnLion) using those tools. I also use MacPorts to give me control
over versioning for the base python, postgres, etc.

hth

- Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/52E99EFC.9080909%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment