Sunday, July 29, 2018

Re: Django App plugins

On zondag 29 juli 2018 11:02:30 CEST Christian González wrote:
>> anyone? I wondered if I'm the only one that has such a use case?
>
> I think so. Why not distribute it as a Django **project** so the
> plugins are reusable apps.
I think that's the best idea yet. My application will be a -eh- "bigger"
one sometimes.
>
> You can also nest apps, like "coolstuff.plugins.*". It may get tricky
> with unique app labels though.
That's no problem. server side filtering in the app store.

> There might also be another reason and that is that in the Python
> community, there's a good realisation that downloadable and instantly
> installable plugins for a web project without dev(ops) interference
> isn't necessarily a good thing.
Mh, not really. Look at Owncloud/Nextcloud. Is PHP, but a good example
that this works. My plans are similar.
But I'm convinced ATM that squeezing Django itself into a pluggable apps
evolvement isn't the best idea.

I'll go with plugins that are separate entities, although that means
that I have to reimplement migrations and module loading myself. But
everything else is easier then.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/94dad3d9-8962-708b-2839-995259fa6f6e%40nerdocs.at.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment