Friday, June 25, 2021

how does Django handle outbound requests?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  We are using Django as an API Endpoint that accepts a request and then repackages it and sends it to an external service and waits for a response.  I'm interested in the external call and how it is handled.  If it times out or takes forever, what it the effect on the Django server?  Am I blocking any other execution from happening while waiting for the response?  

From what I have read it seems as if the best idea is to pass the job off to a queue and then check for job status alerts or updates.  If I have to rethink this - I'd rather do it now. 

Thanks for reading, looking forward to responses!

-g



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20152777-2847-4b94-974c-27be70ee04can%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment