Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Re: Stuck with Django on a Synology Diskstation

Dear MH,

I also stuck here.

When I run ~# python3 -m pip install mod-wsgi

I got the same error message: RuntimeError: The 'apxs' command appears not to be installed or is not executable. Please check the list of prerequisites in the documentation for this package and install any missing Apache httpd server packages.

I installed the Apache HTTP Server 2.4.43 from Synology DSM 6.2.4-25556 Package Center. The apex is found in the system.

~# find / -iname apx*

/volume1/@appstore/Apache2.4/usr/local/bin/apxs

Could you share with me the way you got out from here?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Tony


MH 在 2020年3月3日 星期二下午9:01:31 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:
Dear nitish

Thanks for your reply. I guess it is kind of a linux that Synology uses, but it is different from other distros. So many advice on the internet builds upon the ability to install packages via apt-get or ipkg, but both are not available here. Somehow (really only somehow) I got entware/opkg installed. But since then I have problems with the installations of most packages there.

Here are the results of my adaption of your suggested commands:

/opt/bin# ./opkg find httpd
/opt/bin#

So, it seems there is no httpd24 on this repo.

/opt/bin# ./opkg install apache
Package apache (2.4.37-2) installed in root is up to date.

/opt/bin# ./opkg install gcc
Package gcc (7.4.0-5) installed in root is up to date.

/opt/bin# sudo python3.5 -m pip install mod-wsgi
Collecting mod-wsgi
 
Using cached mod_wsgi-4.7.1.tar.gz (498 kB)
    ERROR
: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command
: /usr/local/bin/python3.5 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-24inw61_/mod-wsgi/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-24inw61_/mod-wsgi/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-24inw61_/mod-wsgi/pip-egg-info
         cwd
: /tmp/pip-install-24inw61_/mod-wsgi/
   
Complete output (5 lines):
   
Traceback (most recent call last):
     
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
     
File "/tmp/pip-install-24inw61_/mod-wsgi/setup.py", line 168, in <module>
       
'missing Apache httpd server packages.' % APXS)
   
RuntimeError: The 'apxs' command appears not to be installed or is not executable. Please check the list of prerequisites in the documentation for this package and install any missing Apache httpd server packages.
   
----------------------------------------
ERROR
: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

I guess there are many problems, but this is just a start.

Best regards
MH


On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 9:04:23 PM UTC+1, MH wrote:
Hi there

I am rather a newbie, but after some problems I got django installed on my Synology Diskstation. So, I ignored many other problems and am very happy that I built my very first, very simple app. And now I would like to move it from the development stage to the production stage. Obviously I should make a change to a distinct webserver. Synology offers nginx and apache 2.4. I installed both. And now I do not really know how to proceed. Out there, there are many instructions to use something called mod-wsgi. But I cannot install this from the package center of the Diskstation.

I also tried to get opkg working. And this did not turn out so well, too. Most packages return an error, when I try to install something. Before this gets too elusive, I would ask you for guidance and then I can provide you with the following error messages.

Best regards
MH

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/37c87088-0375-4c7a-b490-c7e21799cfa5n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment