Thursday, August 26, 2021

Re: Django admin - how to change breadcrumbs 'Home' into 'Main menu'

haven't tried it but you could potentially just override the "/admin/base.html" template in your templates directory

On Tuesday, 24 August 2021 at 02:02:14 UTC+1 Mike Dewhirst wrote:
We are using 'Home' in a different, more public, part of the site and
have to adjust that first item in the Admin breadcrumbs to 'Menu' or
'Main menu' in order to keep the UX masters happy. Some of the Admin is
public facing.

Looking at the source, I would have to override an awful lot of
templates with ...

<a href="{% url 'admin:index' %}">{% translate 'Home' %}</a>

It looks impossible to do elegantly. I shudder at scripting a global
search and replace.

Is this worth putting in the effort to make 'Home' a setting - if that
is even possible.

If so, how do I get started on that?

Thanks

Mike

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can
automatically decrypt my signature and be sure it came from me. Just
ask and I'll send it to you. Your email software can handle signing.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/80a0be6b-8064-45bf-b053-974c56d1b89dn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment