Friday, July 1, 2022

upgrading from 1.11 and ran into builtin permission clash

Hi all,

I'm upgrading from Django 1.11 step by step and am at the stage where I'm upgrading to 2.2. I've run into a problem. I have a custom permission called view_[modelname] that I created in 1.11, and that permission clashes with the default view permission that was added in 2.1.

hardware.InventoryChangeLog: (auth.E005) The permission codenamed 'view_inventorychangelog' clashes with a builtin permission for model 'hardware.InventoryChangeLog'.

What do I do about this? Clearly I should remove the permission I created. How do I deal with the migration? Should I remove the permission while I run the app as Django 1.11 before moving on to a 2.2 environment?

--
Sheila Miguez

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHCs_rZfAJWWdb4vaKkbZBw6xJR7B5n_Df0VE1OwZE0fjQNySg%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment