Sunday, October 15, 2023

RE: Strange bug with Firefox

Interesting. If you hard refresh on view source, does that fix the issue?


On October 14, 2023 6:07:46 PM CDT, Mike Dewhirst <miked@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:
I've seen that behaviour too. The solution is to use Chrome if you want to view source. 

I assume Mozilla's caching design is somewhat aggressive and ignores the URL's view source prefix. 

Mike



--
(Unsigned mail from my phone)



-------- Original message --------
From: 'Simon Connah' via Django users <django-users@googlegroups.com>
Date: 15/10/23 02:05 (GMT+10:00)
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Strange bug with Firefox

Hi,

I have a strange issue that affects the latest stable version of Firefox and the latest Firefox Developer Edition as well. I'm making a custom user and am just setting all the forms up. I can login with the user and when I go to the password change form it is displayed correctly in Firefox but if I right click and click view source it shows a completely different form. On the other hand when I use Chrome and Chrome Developer Edition it shows the correct form and works exactly as intended. I've never seen anything like this before. I thought it was a problem with a browser extension so I removed them all (apart from Bitwarden) and completely cleared the history but none of that seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm at a loss. Can someone suggest what might be going on here? As I said it works fine in Chrome.

Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment