Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Re: Learning how to build a web site for my python games and a blog

I am trying to learn Django.  I have a good base in Python having worked several basic MOOCs and second level classes.  My major short term goal is to build a web site where I will have a blog on smoked brisket in Chicago and a place to rewrite my games built in the Rice University course Interactive Python Programming from Coursera.  Here is the final program from that class.  The reason for a rewrite is these are written on CodeSkulptor.


Here you will find The Django Book written by Adrian Holovaty who wrote Django.


What I am wondering is if anyone else is working through it as well as I keep hitting road blocks and the answers I am getting here are not working for me in Xumbunto though that may not be the problem.  I have found that a group of folks working at the same time tend to hit on ideas in a fashion that is more to the point and on fb that it is easy to get back to the thread you want since there are not as many threads pertaining to other Django topics.

I was also asking if there is another Django tutorial that might be at more of a beginner level? 

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:57:45 AM UTC-5, Randy Baxley wrote:
Is anyone working through The Django Book that would like to form a fb page just for that or knows of a good tutorial where questions will get answers?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment