Monday, July 29, 2013

Re: South migration ordering on different timeline

Another issue is that once I create a new schemamigration --auto for 006 in my master, there are alot of changes in the migration files. 

Is this because of the serialized model inside 005?



On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:28:37 PM UTC+8, Nora Olsen wrote:
Hi,

I'm using git-flow and I use the develop and master branches. 

Since I had to move features ahead of schedule and bring forward to production, I had to cherry-pick[1] them into the master branch.

The south migration scripts are not in order anymore and and staging box is up to date with the develop branch. 

For example:
Develop 001-002-003-004-005
Master 001-002--004-005

Staging box: 001-002-003-004-005
Master box: 001-002--004-005

1. When I merge develop into master, what will happen to 003 migration script when I deploy to my production box?

2. I guess the staging box will be fine when I merge master back into develop since all the migration scripts have been applied?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment