Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Remote Authentication and Session Management

I'm using Django to build a frontend application which will fetch data from a remote (RESTful, for the matter) API for presentation to users that can authenticate within the API. This API will, upon every successful login, output a cookie which I will need to use in further requests, and to this cookie will correspond a given (session) timeout (so that I will need to login again within the API to generate a new cookie). I was advised to stay away from storing usernames and passwords myself on the frontend side of the matters, so now I need to figure out how can I store this cookie upon and associate it with a browser session so that I can know if a given user is "authenticated" in view code. How do I go about accomplishing this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment