Sunday, July 29, 2012

Re: django FastCGI configuration for Share Host.

Hi,
If you are using a shared host, I don't think you can choose if you
use FCGI or WSGI. Your host will let you know and also give
instructions on how to set up and launch your app. Why not check their
documentation or just raise a ticket with your host's support team

On 7/29/12, Александър Ботев <botevmg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 3:42 pm, "Michael P. Soulier" <msoul...@digitaltorque.ca>
> wrote:
>> On 29/07/12 07:48 AM, Александър Ботев wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > So I followed all the instructions from the django web source about how
>> > to
>> > configure it, but all it seems
>> > it gives me a problem - I always get an error 500.
>> > My main concern and I think problem is that when I run my fcgi script
>> > it
>> > gives me this:
>>
>> Why are you using fastcgi instead of wsgi?
>>
>> Mike
> Well when I was looking at ways to deploy django on shared host... the
> only thing I found was the article
> which speaks about fastcgi. Now I must admit I know almost nothing
> about apache different modes etc...
> this is my first encounter with them and even though I might learn
> them at the moment I need to deploy this
> django app first asap. If you can point we out to any article,guide or
> explain me how to set it up with
> wsgi I would be very the glad. The main restriction of shared host is
> just no root access.
>
> Alex
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment