Saturday, March 30, 2013

PyScripter and Django with MySQL in wamp

Hello Everyone,

I new to Django. I'm using portable PyScripter 2.4.1.0 (Python 3.2.1) for learning Python. Recently I downloaded Django 1.5. With help of tutorials, I could install Django on this portable PyScripter.

Currently I'm able to create projects and apps in the Django. However I'm not able to set MySQL of Wamp to Django project settings. Below are locations of each:

Python.exe: E:\Python\App\python.exe
Django Projects: E:\Projects

I have one project (FirstBlog) and one app (testblog) created in E:\projects directory. The name of database is firstblog. The settings in setting.py for this project are:

'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
'NAME': 'firstblog',
'USER': 'root',
'PASSWORD': '',
'HOST': '',
'PORT': '',

When I Django ran server, I got error that no MySQLdb was found. From MySQL website I downloaded "MySQL Connector/Python" to interface MySQL and Python. I didn't create/make changes to anything after "MySQL Connector/Python" installed. But this did not help me.

Could anyone please let me know what exact procedures for connecting MySQL of wamp to Django projects with tools (PyScripter, Django 1.5, Wamp)?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment