Thursday, March 28, 2013

Re: Redirects working locally but not in live server

Hm, well, I've solved it myself, I guess. It must have been a caching problem. I changed Debug to True in settings.py to look for errors, and then it started working. Something must have reloaded, cuz it still works when I change it back. 

For future reference, does anyone know how I can get this type of reload/empty cache of the server without having to edit my settings.py?

/Angelika

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:10:24 PM UTC+1, angelika wrote:
Hi,

I've created a couple of redirect objects in the admin interface and when I run it locally it works fine, but when I do the same thing on my live server it has no effect. The regular 404 page is showing in stead. The installation is very simple, just a couple of settings and a db table and nothing went wrong there as far as I can see. What am I missing? Locally I run the site with runserver, my liveserver is running nginx and gunicorn. I've restarted both, but it makes no difference. 

Thoughts? Guesses?

/Angelika

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment