Wednesday, February 1, 2023

database design approach

I am designing a database for a django project. I already read this tutorial that I found really useful: https://learndjango.com/tutorials/database-design-tutorial-beginners

I have a question regarding the normalization. The normalization is important due that we need to reduce redundant data. But we need to find a balance because increasing the complexity is decreasing the performance.

I have a model (Player) that refers to the User Model.  I need to add several fields in the Player model. Is it better to put every field in the Player model or I can use three levels of complexity?

Approach 1: User Model > Player Model (with many fields)
Approach 2: User Model > Player Model > Several Different Models for each different features.

No comments:

Post a Comment