Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Re: Beginner: How to find fields that can be over-ridden in a Generic Class Based Views

Hello Plkt i have no idea what you mean and what is the aim sorry

PULKIT AGRAWAL <plktagrawal@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 11. Apr. 2023, 14:44:
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to Django and am still learning the ropes. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be thankful to you.

My problems is as follows:
1. I have learned about class based views and have started using them
2. But every now and then I come across a new field that could have been overwritten in the class based view to shorted the code
3. Is there a way to identify all the fields that can be over written in a class based view.

Let me illustrate with an example:
class UnitCreateView(CreateView):
    form_class = UnitCreationForm
    template_name = 'units_of_measurement/unit_create.html'
    success_url = reverse_lazy('units_of_measurement:unit_list')

In the above class, can I know how many and what other fields such as "form_class" are available to over-riding? I have checked the documentation but have not found anything. Maybe its just me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Plkt

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1666860d-5b3a-4cc8-a4b4-0187f5dc5b48n%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAKGT9mw7cizo4JjECxJco-kU6eO%2B2skq5T9qwfD4fOAbEyCH2w%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment