Saturday, April 15, 2023

Re: Overriding the default django admin panel with a fully customized Rest Framework + React Dashboard

Yup, just remove admin from your urls.py and replace it with your own.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.2/ref/contrib/admin/#hooking-adminsite-instances-into-your-urlconf

On April 15, 2023 11:18:49 AM CDT, Kimanxo <saadaouiismailmed@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Devs, I Wish you're doing okay .

Im currently working on a Blood Analysis Lab related project, the project should provide basic website description and CRUD functionalities concerning the blood exams, their status, ...


Basically, I have a custom design for the admin panel where the website should be managed from, however , the built in django admin panel is lacking lot of features that i want to implement.


The question is :
Im using React with django, can I just create a custom template using react and rest framework and override the admin app ?
Meaning that if I go to localhost:8000/admin, it should no longer display the default django admin panel, instead it should display my fully custom react + drf driven dashboard.


If yes, please give me a good guide & resource to learn more about itx because most of the resources I found were simply changing CSS colors of the default panel.


Thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment