Friday, May 26, 2023

Re: Tokenized Authentication for subdomains

Do all the subdomains share a common domain? Ex:

sub1.example.com
sub2.example.com
...


On May 24, 2023 6:05:21 PM AKDT, "André Lewis" <iamandrelewis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently working on a project with subdomains, and I wanted to authenticate the user across the site, regardless of the url. I did some digging and found some ideas for implementing Oauth/openID connect authentication in Django (wasn't much help). Seeing, I don't intend on using third-party providers for this one.

 I have an idea of how it should work 'on paper', but it gets fuzzy when I start thinking about server-end verification; how the token is generated, and how I get access to it for later verification. 

Any suggestions, would be really helpful?
Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment