Friday, October 29, 2010

Re: Cherokee for home developing

Dear Rob,


Am Freitag, den 29.10.2010, 02:45 -0700 schrieb Robbington:

[…]

> Actually I mentioned Uwsgi,
>
> Perhaps if you are going to state potential bugs with software you
> could be so kind as to add the specifics in your posts and not just
> ambiguous statements such as "Do not use the uwsgi wizard: it's
> currently broken" we are not all as dedicated to the Cherokee mailing
> list as your good self. I had a quick look, here is a small excerpt:
>
> "If you manually set the uWSGI source you will have no problem but the
> wizard make wrong assumptions"
>
> Now I appreciate, as I am sure my fellow Django-ers are, that you
> brought this issue to light, but you could have saved some trouble as
> I mentioned before.

I agree. Pasting links to the archives is always beneficial for the
readers of the messages.

> I cant help but feel your tone to be slightly obnoxious, maybe that's
> just me, but these forums are to share experience and assist those who
> are new or have a problem. You would do well to acknowledge that.

I did not find Max's style obnoxious, he stated the matter very
outright(?)/brisk. (I prefer interleaved style when replying though
[1].)

Thank you for all your input.

[…]


Thanks,

Paul


[1] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Posting_style#Placement_of_replies

No comments:

Post a Comment