Thursday, October 28, 2010

Re: How to aggregate values by month

Hi Rogério,

You can give http://bitbucket.org/kmike/django-qsstats-magic/src a
try.
It currently have efficient aggregate lookups (1 query for the whole
time series) only for mysql but it'll be great if someone contribute
efficient lookups for other databases :)

On 28 окт, 19:31, Rogério Carrasqueira
<rogerio.carrasque...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm having an issue to make complex queries in django. My problem is, I have
> a model where I have the sales and I need to make a report showing the sales
> amount per month, by the way I made this query:
>
> init_date = datetime.date(datetime.now()-timedelta(days=365))
> ends_date = datetime.date(datetime.now())
> sales =
> Sale.objects.filter(date_created__range=(init_date,ends_date)).values(date_ created__month).aggregate(total_sales=Sum('total_value'))
>
> At the first line I get the today's date past one year
> after this I got the today date
>
> at sales I'm trying to between a range get the sales amount grouped by
> month, but unfortunatelly I was unhappy on this, because this error
> appeared:
>
> global name 'date_created__month' is not defined
>
> At date_created is the field where I store the information about when the
> sale was done., the __moth was a tentative to group by this by month.
>
> So, my question: how to do that thing without using a raw sql query and not
> touching on database independence?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Rogério Carrasqueira
>
> ---
> e-mail: rogerio.carrasque...@gmail.com
> skype: rgcarrasqueira
> MSN: rcarrasque...@hotmail.com
> ICQ: 50525616
> Tel.: (11) 7805-0074

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment