Thursday, December 29, 2011

django-admin.py startproject will NOT work.

Hi, I'm using WinXP, Python27, django 1.3.1.

When I try django-admin.py startproject mysite, I get a "Usage django-
admin.py subcommand [options] [args]" listing of commands instead of
starting the project in mysite folder. . .I've tried every workaround
I've found on Google & on this site. I've put C:\Python27\Lib\site-
packages\django\bin in my Env Variable Path, I've changed the registry
setting HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\python.exe\shell\open\command
to PYDIR\\python.exe" "%1" %*. I've typed in the full path in the
command line (python django-admin.py startproject mysite) & nothing
works. And yes, I set it up using python setup.py install.

Any suggestions or other work arounds??? I'm at my wits end!!! Thanks
for any help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment