Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: django-admin.py startproject will NOT work.

On Dec 31, 12:38 pm, Ramiro Morales <cra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Chris Kavanagh <cka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>   C:\python27\python C:\path\to\django-admin startproject foo
>
> >> or, if you have C:\python27 in the PATH, simply:
>
> >>   python C:\path\to\django-admin startproject foo
>
> > Thanks for the reply, however it didn't work. I get the exact same
> > thing: "Usage: django-admin.py subcommand [options] [args]" with
> > options below for help.
>
> Try both, I think both of them should work.
>
> BUT, that isn't the important part. The important part is abut you should
> make sure you execute it with the Python interpreter.
>
> Forget about trying to simple invoke django-admin (or django-admin.py)
> as a standalone program.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
> Ramiro Morales

Thanks Ramiro. . .I don't think you saw my other reply to your
original post about trying this. . .

I'll ask again. I'm not sure exactly what path to use, when you say
\path\to. The directory I created is called "mysite" & it's path is C:
\mysite\.I started a command prompt from "mysite" then typed "python
django-admin.py startproject mysite" in the command prompt (didn't
work).

Forgive my ignorance, is this what you wanted me to try??

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment